Monday, July 16, 2012

morning shower

Now it is the next morning.
My eyes are a little bit burning as if I've just cried.
I squint more often lately to help me see, and I am squinting now at the computer screen.
I imagine myself at 80.
I'll probably have really great slippers.
I'll probably fear very different things.

My purge is still on my mind.
I feel bad for leaving Beckam in the swing to go and do it.
I can still see his wide open smile.  I can still feel the tether between his eyes and mine.
His laugh was hearty and whole.  Not the unsure baby laugh which came out a few months ago.
Now it is certainly a laugh.  It is thick with joy.  And I left him there.  I couldn't stay.  I had to go.  I am still pushed and ruled by Lydia sometimes.  I couldn't sit with the food.  I wanted it out more than anything.  Only I didn't get the empty feeling of relief.  I felt defeat.  I just wanted the day to be over so I could sleep and hopefully find myself in the morning.

Now it is that morning.
I am sitting in my run-stink.
I don't want to wash it off.
I was slow to move and still a bit afraid.
I looked at my phone.
There was a text from Aunt Lucy that said, "I read your blog.  Trust your process.  I love you."
My Mom's text said, "I just read your blog-I am so sorry sweetie.  I love you so much."
Angels.
I woke up to angels.
They put tears in my eyes and helped me feel.

Now I am awake.
My eyes are whole circles and they see reasons for delight.

I am going to the park.
I ate breakfast.
And I don't need the armor of my run-stink.
I'm going to wash it off and join humanity.



No comments:

Post a Comment